Tuesday, January 7, 2014

3 days out from Muscle War 2014 - Thoughts

After dieting for 25 weeks and being so driven, it's so easy to lose focus of my goal. Top 5? Win? Participate? Happy with how I look onstage?

My only goal coming into this was to do my best. Absolute best. First place or last, look like crap or look like a god - if I did my best I've succeeded and if I did not, I have failed.

Have I succeeded? I'll keep that to my heart.

It can be overwhelming at times when I get comments on how I will place. It can be very distracting. It is distracting. Nonetheless in the past 4 weeks I am just amazed by the support others would give. Especially from those who aren't close to me. The help I was offered. The advice. The guidance. I am thankful.

I gave my absolute best since I set eyes on this one year ago. The next 3 days will be no different. My best may not be the best way, but it's what got me here. In the same way eating every 3 hours may or may not be necessary theoretically, but it's what got me here. This is bigger than science. This is matters of the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment